Currently 'balanced variant' is not balanced
ariallito last edited by ariallito
I want to draw your attention to the statistics.
The new variant currently misleads players with the name "balanced", because it is not.
The variant is interesting- yes! As something new, but maybe it should be called 'alternative variant'?
Why? I want to remind you of the theory of this 'balanced' variant, and some stats from BGS platform.
But first - what is the source of the variant here?
Balanced faction variant
Based on PROJ's post here: Balanced faction variant. This variant aims to balance the faction such as nerfing the stronger faction (Itars, Ambas) and boosting the weaker factions (Lantids, gleens, firaks and so on). Is continuously updated and is the prefered way of playing for alot of folks on my GP discord server.
This one i'd love to see implemented.
then someone replied:
I'd be very careful about altering the factions. There are several things in that BGG topic I most definitely don't agree with.
I agree with Molfo, why? let's see:
These are the hypotheses of this variant:
- Itars are the strongest faction
- Firaks are one of the weaker, they need help.
The variant introduce these changes:
- weakens Itars and only Itars in all games (2,3,4-players)
- does not weaken any other factions: Ivits only in 1 vs. 1 games
- strengthens Firaks
Is this correct?
I want remind the stats from this platform after around 2 thousands of completed games (2020), standard variant.
- Itars are not the strongest faction of Gaia Project, they do not deserve to weaknes as only the one faction.
- Firaks are one of the strongest. They don't need any help!
and a little more recent data:
In my opinion variant should be changed or called 'alternative',