Powergrid, Container, GP and Site updates!
It's really exciting to have contributions coming. The platform is open source, so are the forums or the boardgames.
Since the last announcement, there's also been a ton of improvements on Gaia Project by @Spock :
- A lot of warnings have been added
- A lot of improvements on charts
- Better graphics / visual representation for miscenallous info (satellites, power needed to make a federation, ...)
- Some variants with more balanced factions
- A Table mode, for those liking the alternate UI
- The possibility to visualize the leech network, the federations, the sectors occupied
- The ability to have a custom board setup
And finally, the platform has a lot of recent changes. I have to admit a lot of the motivation comes from @Doft's contributions.
The biggest one, and least noticeable, is the way the site is rendered. It's now statically rendered which is a lot better for search engines, for links posted to discord (you will now see a summary of the page), and also for your experience.
Avatars have been added, just recently to rankings as well. User descriptions have been added and the user page has been improved. Open games now expire automatically, for example live games will expire after one hour. A bit of color was added to the site, as well as a Credits page.
The option to have the host select the player order has also been added.
There are plenty of things on the roadmap, though which comes first is hard to say:
- Elo restrictions on games
- Better "Open game" page
- Add a description to a game when creating it
- Filters on games in Lobby on play time, elo range, etc
- Better page for the boardgame with links to BGG, the publisher, the source code etc
- Chat windows on the boardgame page, maybe home page too, and all the content pages. It should make it easier to find live games without going on discord
- Users being able to select their country
- Being able to follow/star/heart someone
Those are just the more immediate, achievable ones.
If you'd like to contribute, you can by leaving feedback on what you'd like to see prioritized :)
Anybody with design or graphic skills could help us a LOT. For example we'd like fan-made avatars for the GP factions, to show in game listings.
Lastly, if you'd really like to see a feature prioritized you can fund us on issuehunt. You can check the issues (on the unfunded tab), or create issues on github and then fund them. The link is for the platform itself, but you can also do the same for Gaia Project and Powergrid . We will only receive the funds after the work is done!
ariallito last edited by
Agreed, great updates, thanks to you and Spock for all the work and... thanks a lot for the permalink to Paia Groject 🥰